The appropriate word should be ‘we’ because my mom did all the work. I just cut the dough into the desired shapes and fried them.
Chin-Chin is a Nigerian snack and is always nice to have around and munch on. Can I also add that I just realized I do not know how to spell ‘chin-chin’. Would someone please tell me how it’s spelled because this spelling looks wrong.
It turned out great and being the nice person that I am, I decided to share just in case you want to try making some.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
Flour, Sugar, 500ml of Milk, 112g of Butter, 3 Eggs,
1 Tb/Spn Baking Powder
Rolling Pin, Chopping Board, Mixing Bowl, Knife, Tray
What To Do:
1.Put your butter into a bowl or mixer. Whichever one you are using.
2. Add some sugar to the butter and Mix them (the amount of sugar you add should depend on how sweet you want your chin-chin to be). It should look something like this:
3. Beat your eggs and add them to the mixture. If you are using a mixer you can just chuck it into the mixer.
4. Add your milk to the mixture and mix away.
5. Add a table spoon of baking powder to the mixture (don’t use baking soda. My sister and I tried that once ‘cos tesco didn’t have baking powder. Well, it didn’t work and we wondered why?)
6. You can now begin to gradually add flour to the mixture until the dough stops sticking to your fingers.
7. Allow the dough to rest for about 30 minutes and you are ready to fry.
8. Bring out your cutting board, rolling pin and knife. Sprinkle some flour on your board and rolling pin in order to avoid the dough sticking to them.
9. Take a chunk of dough and use the rolling pin to flatten it over the board.
10. Time to cut into a desired shape. Be creative!
First though, sprinkle flour on tray.
11. Put oil in a deep fryer or frying pan and wait for it to heat up. Once the oil is heated up, put your cut dough in it and once its golden you know its time to take it out.
It should look something like this:
Don’t forget to put them on paper towels so they don’t turn out too oily.
Let me know if you try it. Laterz!!